Subject: ATI MACH32 and COM3 conflicting?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Robert Dobbs <banshee@gabriella.resort.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/1994 22:02:38
I built myself a new kernel last night with new sources and a new
config.  However, on boot after detecting wd0, my screen flashes
and goes black.  This is with an ati graphics ultra+ card.

Paging through the manual, I notice Video port address == 0x2E8 which
is the same address netbsd is grabbing as com3.  Current kernel claims
it detects a FIFO chip there.

This wasn't happening with the last binaries I grabbed from sun-lamp
which was the March 7 build.  I suspect this is a new com thing.

I'm rebuilding with no com3 option and I'll see if that fixes my
blacked out video.

-john