Subject: Re: Upgrading from 0.9 to -current (3/15)
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Douglas K. Rand <rand@Aero.UND.NoDak.Edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/1994 11:21:55
"Mike" == Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
	  on Tue, 15 Mar 94 20:32:40 EST
"Doug" == "Douglas K. Rand" <rand@Aero.UND.NoDak.Edu>
	   on Tue, 15 Mar 1994 18:14:46 -0600

Doug> lib/libc:
Doug> The stdio/strerror.c doesn't declare a __strerror() function, but
Doug> the one in string/strerror.c does. So I just used the strerror.c
Doug> in the string/ directory.

Mike> Make sure that you 'rm -rf /usr/src' before untarring the -current
Mike> sources there.  Whenever you unpack a tar.gz, you should clean out the
Mike> destination first.

Duh. I untarred my old copy of the -current source files into a new
/src tree and then supped the latest stuff and my problems with
lib/libc/strerror and lib/librpcsvc went away. Thanks Mike!

I haven't gotten to the others yet, but I suspect that they will go
away too.

I have not got a -current kernel too, but it "kinda" works. During
boot, when it is looking for the devices, the screen clears and
nothing gets displayed. I get the stuff from wdc0: and what I think is
the com: stuff flashes just before the screen clears. The system
continues to boot, and (I think) I can login and halt the machine. I
just can't see anything. Did I miss something with the new pccons
driver?

--
Douglas.K.Rand@Aero.UND.NoDak.Edu      Scientific Computing Center
System/Network Administrator           UND Aerospace