Subject: Re: sysconf() et. al.
To: Mark P. Gooderum <mark@aggregate.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@sidney.novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/1994 11:00:10
: So my question is, is there equivlent functionality in another function
: and/or is someone already working on sysconf()?

I whipped up a little sysconf() that works and returns the right information
but adandoned it in lieu of doing a 4.4-like sysctl() with a sysconf and
pathconf as a front-end.  I never got too far with sysctl() however so the
work sort of stopped there.  I've given my sysconf to jtc but I think he
found other things to do too. :-)

I don't personally care for the sysctl() interface or concept all that much
but that's just my own personal opinion.

So; in retrospect; if anyone wants my sysconf() they can have it but I
don't feel energetic enough to put it into -current.  I suspect maybe
sysctl() will just appear when 4.4lite is released.

hpeyerl@novatel.ca                           |  NovAtel Commnications Ltd.
hpeyerl@fsa.ca                               | <nothing I say matters anyway>
       <NetBSD: A drinking group with a serious computing problem!>