Subject: Re: NFS MOUNTS ON NETBSD-CURRENT WITH SOLARIS 2.X?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@sidney.novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/1994 08:21:41
: Even if it is working for some time (strangely enough it is working much
: longer if you're using the ed driver than with the ep driver) after some

hmm... strangely enough; I see the opposite behaviour. I get better results
with ep than with ed.  For me; if_ed doesn't do NFS at all and hasn't for
a couple of weeks.

: If you're experiencing this problem you might observe a contious loss of
: mbufs until you don't have any left...

The only bandaid I've found that sort of works is to ifconfig the interface
down, ifconfig delete, and ifconfig it back up.

: Yes. Only against SunOS 5.2 and 5.3. To cure it you should consider
: upgrading to the latest Sunos 4.x...

I'm only getting it against a SunOS 4.1.x machine. (given that my other
machine is also a NetBSD machine).

My NetBSD/hp300 machine doesn't have *ANY* NFS problems.

It's good to see that there *is* indeed a problem and that I'm not just
an idiot as was told to me by a certain east-coast member of the core. :-)

hpeyerl@novatel.ca                           |  NovAtel Commnications Ltd.
hpeyerl@fsa.ca                               | <nothing I say matters anyway>
       <NetBSD: A drinking group with a serious computing problem!>