Subject: Re: Where to get PC chipset datasheets?
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/1994 18:33:31
>    I have no knowledge about programming the PC hardware (DMA, IRQs,
>    etc)
>
> I use the documentation on the original chips, in `Microprocessor
> and Peripheral Handbook, Volume 1' by Intel.  I'm sure they will send
> you a copy for a fee; call 800-548-4725 (assuming their number hasn't
> changed since 1988).

Just today found a new book:

	The Indispensable PC Hardware Book
	Hans-Peter Messmer
	Addison-Wesley
	ISBN: 0-201-62424-9

	Cost me 30 pound (55 dollars ?)

I think at first skim it is excellent, and covers things very well,
including (at last) a "Programming the PS/2 Mouse by ports"
section. etc. No 16550, but almost everything else...

Quite nice overall,
--
Peter Galbavy				e-mail: P.Galbavy@wonderland.org
Wonderland				  work: peterg@demon.co.uk (soon)

	I like my food, I am what I eat, therefore I like myself