Subject: Where to get PC chipset datasheets?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Paul Dokas <pdokas@pms988.pms.ford.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/1994 11:29:36
I've been avidly following the progress from 0.9 to 1.0 for
quite some time now.  And recently, I decided to try to learn
more about it's inner workings, the i386 device drivers to be
specific.  But, I've run into a difficult problem.  I have
no knowledge about programming the PC hardware (DMA, IRQs, etc)

Can anyone recommend a book or other source of this information?
I'd love to be able to get SIS to send me the datasheets for
the 85C461 and 85C407 chipsets (what I've got), but I haven't
found anyone who knows their address or phone # (hint, hint)

I've seen several book that cover BIOS calls (yuck), but none
that deal with the PC hardware.

Any hints?

paul
pdokas@pms988.pms.ford.com