Subject: Re: Snapshot report - 12 March tar_files
To: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@uts.amdahl.com>
From: Adam Glass <glass@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/1994 05:43:05
> The following appeared in comp.security.unix:
>
> I regret that someone reported a nasty security problem to me less
> that 24 hours after I released sendmail 8.6.6.  This bug is present
> in all sendmail version 8 versions prior to 8.6.7, as well as in
> many vendor versions.  It does not exist in IDA sendmail.  I urge
> you to upgrade before the cracker scripts start circulating around
> the network.  Sorry for the inconvenience -- I only heard about this
> an hour ago myself.
>
> Sendmail 8.6.7 is available on FTP.CS.Berkeley.EDU in /ucb/sendmail.
>
> eric
>
> You've been warned.

sendmail will be upgraded to 8.6.7 as soon as a problem is resolved by
our posix whiz + it processes an hour's worth of mail on lamp.  I hope
that both will happen for before tomorrow's sup.

> 5.  I've been playing about with the RVM (Recoverable Virtual Memory)
> package from CMU.  There still seem to be quite a few bugs floating
> around.  If anyone's interesed in getting together on this one, drop
> me a line, please.

First you have to tell us what it is....

> So much to hack, so little time...

Ain't it the truth...

> Alistair
> --
> Alistair G. Crooks (agc@uts.amdahl.com)                      +44 252 346377
> Amdahl European HQ, Dogmersfield Park, Hartley Wintney, Hants RG27 8TE, UK.
<[These are only my opinions, and certainly not those of Amdahl Corporation]