Subject: Current Kernel - What's wrong?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Robert Shady <rls@zeus.id.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/11/1994 08:13:48
Okay, I am still having problems with the current kernel, the first of
which is that PMAP_SET stuff in inetd.  I am running the latest and
greatest compiles of everything, and have installed the latest config
files in /usr/src/etc/* and /usr/src/etc/etc.i386/*, but still get the
message when I boot up.  The new kernel seems MUCH faster, and more
stable as everything else seems to work, and work well -- Except for the
COM driver.  If I 'tip com1', it brings DTR high, but never connects..
If I use CU, it says "Error writing to /dev/tty01" as soon as I press
a key.  Any suggestions?  I would really like to update to the newer
kernel (I am running Feb. 27 kernel now).

	-- Rob Shady
	rls@id.net