Subject: Re: Thanks + a question
To: None <rkb55989@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/1994 21:52:51
   My question:
	   What magic incantation do I need to get the com port to open without
	   waiting for carrier, that wasn't necessary in the Mar. 5th kernel??
	   Not only can I no longer run tip, but my getty fails to put up the
	   login banner and stuff on my local terminal...

You can either (a) "fix" your terminal's serial cable to loop back DTR
into CD, or (b) install the (unofficial) com.c patch I posted
yesterday to current-users which (among other things) allows software
carrier to be turned on in the config file by adding a "flags 1" on
the com? line.

Being a software kind of guy and a klutz with a soldering iron, I
prefer option (b).

						- Bill