Subject: Re: More wd.c changes
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/1994 21:17:32
Send it this way, I'll give it a whirl.

With a very recent wd.c driver (as of 3/7 or 3/8) in a -current system
with only minor local kernel mods, I've seen what looked like
occasional buffer cache corruption for executables (it's hit cc1 and
ld.so; the problem was persistant, but "went away" after I did a few
things which thrash the buffer cache).

I've also seen a couple of errors which look like this:

Mar  8 18:47:03 orchard /netbsd: wd0: wdintr: read error detected late: status 50<seekdone> error 0

These generally hit during fsck at boot time; the system hangs for a
few seconds with no disk activity, and then prints this message and
*generally* picks up where it left off.  This error has caused the
automatic fsck to blow out a couple of times with various dire
warnings about unknown file types; when I re-run fsck manually, the
partition comes out clean.

						- Bill