Subject: Re: Snapshot Report - 26 Feb tar_files [groff reboots]
To: Dale Rahn <drahn@pacific.urbana.mcd.mot.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/03/1994 17:48:21
>I am having problems with the processes dieing of signal 10 and signal 11,
>this include init twice, It seems strange receiving a message on all windows

You mean like gcc, nroff, etc?  I've had cc get signal 11 a *lot* and my
machine breaks into the debugger with a vm fault.  I've recompiled a kernel
from last night's source, and so far everything is fine.

I suspect the spontaneous reboots are from folk who don't have the kernel
debugger installed.

The exact situation is like this:

make
...  chug  ...
signal 11.
make
...  chug  ...
(gets further, including past the file where the first make died on)
signal 11.
make
...  chug  ...
link

*ponder*

--Michael

--
Michael Graff                 <explorer@vorpal.com>
1304 Florida #3               (515) 296-2735