Subject: Re: Kernel debugger docs...
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/1994 22:47:26
pascal@titus.verity.com (Freeman P. Pascal KD4YLZ) wrote:

>Can someone point me to some documentation for the kernel debugger (KDB)???
>
>I'm curious how to use it to trace down problems, or at minimum how to
>gracefully sync and halt the system after it has paniced and dumped me
>into the debugger.
>
>-Freeman

Not only that, but it would be nice to have a command *in* the kernel
debuger that would simply reboot the system.  Am I missing something?
Some machines don't have a reset button (mine included) and I think
it's rather hard on the system to hit the power button just to reboot
it.
				--Michael

    Michael L. VanLoon  --  michaelv@iastate.edu  --  gg.mlv@isumvs.bitnet
 Iowa State University of Science and Technology -- The way cool place to be!
   Project Vincent Systems Staff, Iowa State University Computation Center