Subject: Min free ? With newer-bigger disks
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/1994 10:48:58
Not really NetBSD specific, but I am staring at the ufs/ code.

Has anyone done any further studies like those done originally where
it was decided that 10% was the best minfree figure ? Nowadays we
have 1Gb disk commonly and I can buy (if only I had the money) a
4Gb disk ? If memory serves me ight, then the original tests talked
about in the 4.3BSD book were done with 200Mb disk etc ?

Anyone know authoritatively ? Or just speculate - go on !

BTW what is the max partition size limit in the disk code ?
--
Peter Galbavy				e-mail: P.Galbavy@wonderland.org
Wonderland				  work: P.Galbavy@micromuse.co.uk

	  "And you will know exactly who you are, forever,
		by knowing what it is that you love."