Subject: Feb12-current: keyboard lost
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/24/1994 23:31:59
Just a short while ago, I was madly typing a mail message to somone
while  news was hamering the disk etc (load ave was on 0.38 though)
I thought the lack of keystroke echo was due to the system being busy.
Then I noticed that cut/paste with the mouse (in Emacs) was working
fine and that Emacs was still autosaving... but no keyboard input.

Checked a few other windows... everything fine but no keyboard input.

I was still running a kernel that had wd.c in it (though no ide drives
present in the system).  After reseting and coming back I installed a
new kernel that does not wd.c at all.  Though I suspect the above has
nothing to do with the poor wd.c :-)

I have not had these keyboard loss problems for months...

Guess its time to grab Charles Hannum's pccons update...

--sjg