Subject: Re: Feb 12 wd.c: lost interrupt - ouch!
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Dirk Steinberg <steinber@machtnix.ert.rwth-aachen.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/1994 14:36:24

    >> Welcome to the club. You are the fourth one I know of
    >> (including me) who suffers from that really bad bug in wd.c
    >> that everyone keeps telling me is my defective hardware. It's
    >> not.
    >>
    >> WD.C IS BADLY BROKEN!!!!!!

    Chris> i hate to say it: SO FIX IT!!!!!!

    Chris> As far as i'm aware, none of the 'core' developers *own*
    Chris> any IDE disks, let alone can reproduce it...

I know that; well I wasn't sure that nobody did have an IDE disk, but
so it shall be.

    Chris> We can'd support hardware we don't own, and we can't buy
    Chris> hardware for the sole purpose of supporting it; none of us
    Chris> are making *any* money off of this project...

I honestly wasn't intending to flame you at all. You seem to take this
as an offense. I apoligize for being unclear. I know that all you guys
are doing a tremendous job without any payment. I cannot fix this (at
least not right now) myself because of lack of time and resources (you
really need a spare disk if you want to f**k around with the disk
driver).

I just want to make other people with IDE drives aware of the problem
so they know what to look after; maybe *someone* can narrow this bug
down and supply a fix.

    Chris> cgd

Dirk