Subject: new X crash
To: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@laas.fr>
From: Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/18/1994 00:31:00
I just got your new X binaries (2/2/94 current version), and have a
new problem I didn't have with the set of binaries I got from your
machine the last time you announced them.

I got the i387 version of the Mach32 X server, and using this server
the `attraction' program from xscreensaver manages to crash the X
server thusly:

(no debugging symbols found)...Core was generated by `XF86_Mach32'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Abort trap.
#0  0x101301bc in end ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x101301bc in end ()
#1  0x1012f96a in end ()
#2  0x1cb3 in ddxGiveUp ()
#3  0x1d72 in AbortDDX ()
#4  0x9f89 in x386SigHandler ()
#5  <signal handler called>
#6  0x9e225 in miFillPolyHelper ()
#7  0x9ed83 in miLineJoin ()
#8  0xa0d1d in miWideLine ()
#9  0xbd844 in miSpritePolylines ()
#10 0x2122c in ProcPolyLine ()
#11 0x1eb7b in Dispatch ()
#12 0x2dad3 in main ()

I went back to the Mach32 server from the previous set of binaries
(still using the new shared X libraries and clients) and it is now fine.

I did not ftp the new non-i387 binary of the server over my slow link
to compare.

(I have a 486-DX2.)

Thanks,
Roland