Subject: Still Keyboard Hang??
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: John C. Hayward <johnh@david.wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/1994 23:11:49
Dear NetBSDers,
   Some people which have had problems with keyboard hangs without typing on the
keyboard during boot are now reporting that disabling the code which checks
to see if the keyboard is present, allows them to boot without keyboard hangs.
   Today I picked up the binary snapshot (Thanks a lot for this facility!) and
made a kernel.  It appears that the current source has this section of code
disabled.
   My results of using both the binary snapshot kernel as well as one which
I built _still_ have the problem with the keyboard hang.
   My Hardware is Gateway-2000 DX-33.  I will attempt to check the IBM
PS/ValuePoints tomorrow.
   Am I the only one who still has this problem?

   Ps.  The NetBSD09 kernel boots without the keyboard hang.
   johnh...