Subject: Group QUOTAS
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/14/1994 14:53:36
I've had QUOTA enabled for quite some time now, and it works
well for user quotas. But group quotas don't seem to work.

For wheel I get a respectible amount of space used up, allthough
it tells me it can't change allocation for /var (one of the
partitions) even when I'm not changing anything.

For users (a group that contains 400+ users) it's not listing
any usage at all. Allthough the users themselves are listed
singularly, when calling them up specifically with edquota.

The quotafiles are on the root partition in /quotas.
I have found that quota-usage is listed when the partitions
are not mounted.
--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (unknown)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de hostbase=/src base=/usr \