Subject: Cannot build X with current
To: Martin Husemann <martin@euterpe.owl.de>
From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@laas.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 02/13/1994 17:21:02
You wrote (in your message from Sun 13)
 > Imake (or cpp) generate Makefiles, that contain spaces when two
 > Imake-Variables are concatenated. It reads "/usr/X386/ lib" instead of
 > "/usr/X386/lib". And, much worse, "$( XF86SVGAServername )", instead of
 > "$(XF86SVGAServername)", which then isn't expanded as a variable.

I think the supression of __386BSD__ from predefined preprocessor
symbols causes your problem. Althrough the site.def file forces its
definition, there's a bootstrap problem. One solution is to make
World with BOOTSTRAPCFLAGS set to -D__386BSD__

You will also have problems with the definition of sys_errlist: it is
now declared as const in <stdio.h>. This creates some conflicts in the
tree (If I remember well, they are only 2 files that need fixing:
clients/xdm/xdmshell.c and rgb/rgb.c).

You can get a set of binaries using shared libs compiled against 02/02
-current from laas.laas.fr:/pub/NetBSD/XFree86-2.0.

					Matthieu