Subject: Re: wd.c crashes/hard errors
To: Dirk Steinberg <steinber@schoenfix.ert.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Jeremy McDermond <mcdermj@CSOS.ORST.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/1994 09:52:23
<Other slightly relavant stuff deleted>

>PS: Someone mentioned that FreeBSD has a new wd.c driver. Maybe it
>    would be worthwhile taking a look at it. Is it a complete
>    re-design?

I've briefly looked at the FreeBSD wd drivers, and into integrating them into
the NetBSD source.  Franky, I'm not seeing any advantage in it.  It's seeming
more like slightly reworked 386BSD drivers, and they seem to have an entirely
different view of the disk array than the NetBSD drivers do.  I'd bank on trying
to find the bugs in our own drivers, I am of the opinion that they are the best
ones out there.  (Not that I'm qualified to make that claim *grin*)

>Dirk W. Steinberg - RWTH Aachen - Internet email: steinber@ert.rwth-aachen.de

Jeremy C. McDermond				mcdermj@CSOS.ORST.EDU
Assistant Director of Operations		jeremy@SYMBIO.COM
Computer Science Outreach Services		mcdermj@XENOTROPIC.COM
Oregon State University				#include <Standard Disclaimer>