Subject: Internal compiler error.
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/1994 08:05:55
I can't remember whether this came up before or not so I'm probably
annoying everyone. It just seemed rather wierd.

I was trying to rebuild rpcgen so I could rebuild librpcsvc.a and
encountered:

>ld: cc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 11
>*** Error code 1

So I tried to rebuild "ld" which yielded the same thing.

In a stupid attempt at "try anything wierd to make it work" I did a:

>sidney[64] # setenv LDSTATIC -static

and that caused it to work.

I used to set:

NOPIC
LDSTATIC=-static

but Theo said I didn't need "LDSTATIC=-static" anymore.

Whatever; just in case someone else runs into this.

hpeyerl@novatel.ca                           |  NovAtel Commnications Ltd.
hpeyerl@fsa.ca                               | <nothing I say matters anyway>
       <NetBSD: A drinking group with a serious computing problem!>