Subject: Floppy tape drives and GNAT
To: Burgess, David (TSgt) ~U <BurgessD@J64.STRATCOM.AF.MIL>
From: Dirk Steinberg <steinber@manekenpix.ert.rwth-aachen.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/1994 16:02:14

    David> 2.  Has anyone cross compiled GNAT for NetBSD yet.  The OS2
    David> and Sun ports are both available, and once the basic
    David> bootstrap is done, I would like to take the Ada ball and
    David> run with it for NetBSD (and obviously FreeBSD).  If anyone
    David> can help me with this, PLEASE drop me a line.

There is a Linux port of GNAT available. Look on tsx-11.mit.edu or
sunsite.unc.edu. That would give you the right target processor. Maybe
you could even take the *.o files (a.out) and just relink them on
NetBSD. You only need 'gnat1' and 'gnatbind'. All other gcc parts are
identical (gcc driver, ...).

	Dirk

Dirk W. Steinberg - RWTH Aachen - Internet email: steinber@ert.rwth-aachen.de
Aachen University of Technology / IS2-Integrated Systems in Signal Processing
Rhein.Westf.Tech.Hochsch. Aachen / Integrierte Systeme der Signalverarbeitung
Templergraben 55 / D-52056 Aachen / phone:+49 241 807879 / fax:+49 241 807631
Home address: Kleikstr. 63, D-52134 Herzogenrath,Germany/phone: +49 2406 7225