Subject: Floppy tape drives and GNAT
To: current-users <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Burgess, David (TSgt) ~U <BurgessD@J64.STRATCOM.AF.MIL>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/1994 17:27:00
No, they are not related questions...

1.  I have spent since Friday playing around with the fd.c patches from
Steve Gerakines for QIC-40/80 support.  I have figured out 'pretty much'
what is supposed to be happening.  I am the point now that I cannot figure
out the magic for floppy interrupt processes.  For a while, I had the system
completely hosed up (i.e.  attempts to access the floppy drive locked up the
system).  Now I have it to the point that I can try and access the tape
drive (the attach/probe seems to work OK), but the interrupt service routine
refuses to process requests from the tape drive.  I get 0xffffffff as the
returned status.  Near as I can tell, that isn't right.  The tape drive
never seems to 'select'; at least, the drive light never comes on.  If
anyone would like to hold my hand a little, I would appreciate it.  I would
send mail directly to Steve, but my host doesn't recognize his hostname for
E-Mail...

2.  Has anyone cross compiled GNAT for NetBSD yet.  The OS2 and Sun ports
are both available, and once the basic bootstrap is done, I would like to
take the Ada ball and run with it for NetBSD (and obviously FreeBSD).  If
anyone can help me with this, PLEASE drop me a line.

TSgt Dave Burgess
NCOICN, Configuration Management
erstwhile FAQ maintainer.

P.S.  The new FAQ was just posted up to hrd769.brooks.af.mil;  it should
come squirting out to c.o.3.announce on the 13th.  For those so inclined,
there are diff files on the FTP server (but not posted to the newsgroup yet)
so that you can see what has changed (and what hasn't).

Thanks a 1x10^6.