Subject: Re: various upgrade comments (jan5 ->feb6)
To: Luke Mewburn <lm@rmit.edu.au>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/1994 19:23:49
Luke Mewburn <lm@rmit.edu.au> wrote:

>- installing share/mk, include, lib/libc, gnu/lib/libmalloc,
>  gcc, gas, ld, ar, ranlib, join, tsort, lorder, nm, strip, sed, make
>  install static is a Good Thing to do in any upgrade, so I did.

I tend to think it should be the default as well  ;)

>    - how do I get libm to use the ASM stuff in libm/i387? or isn't it
>      recommended. (I have a 486)

Works fine for me, and decreased the run time of one program I regularly run
by a factor of about 25.

>- I've still got gnu, share, games, and sys to remake, as well as a
>  new kernel. I'll keep the list upto date on how this stuff compiles
>  with -O2 -pipe -m486.

I've compiled everything this way, other than my kernel.  Works wonderfully.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff    Iowa State University Computation Center      Project Vincent
215 Durham                voice: (515) 294-4994           explorer@iastate.edu