Subject: Re: IF_NE.C NNOVELL 2000 ETHERNET DRIVER TROUBLES
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Bernd Wiserner <wiserner@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/1994 22:33:14
Forwarded message:
> From owner-current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu Mon Feb  7 21:53:15 1994
> From:	Robert Shady <rls@zeus.id.net>
> Subject: Re: IF_NE.C NNOVELL 2000 ETHERNET DRIVER TROUBLES
> To:	buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu (Brian Buhrow)
> Cc:	current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu
> Sender: owner-current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu
> Date:	Mon, 7 Feb 1994 21:55:28 +0100
>
> >  Was support for the NE2000 moved to a different file name?
>
> Yes.  You should now be using the IF_ED driver, the IF_NE driver was out
> of date.

Hmm , is it possible to run if_ed without dma-access ( If it uses dma ,I don't know )
I'm asking because of the 16+Mb limit ... It would be nice to have a card which can be run
in such machines, not everybody has EISA or 3 VLB-bus slots.
However I don't know if it does dma ( maybe I'm totally wrong ?! ),
if not what is that memadress specified in the kernel-config?

Thanks
B.Wiserner