Subject: Gateway?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/1994 09:41:47
Here's the continuing story of the 486 that wanted to become a
gateway.

Thanks to Charles Hannum, the 64Mb machine now boots fine. Now, there
are 2 ethernet cards in it. They are detected OK. I created /etc/hostname.ed0
and /etc/hostname.ed1. After startup, ifconfig -a shows that the interfaces
are set up properly, with their different addresses, etc. I can get
from the machine on to both the networks connected. However, getting
from a machine on network A to network B does not work. Despite the
fact that

- the kernel is compiled with options GATEWAY
- routed -s is running
- I also tried adding static routes

This is all done from a floppy, have not installed the harddisk yet.
So it's kinda hard to try out things this way, if you do not even
have 'ps' on the floppy.

Does someone have NetBSD(-current) running as a gateway? Any information
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million in advance,

Frank