Subject: Re: Buslogic 445S now works with current
To: Randy Terbush <dsndata!randy@ucbvax.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/1994 13:44:42
>I found that I could run the card with aha or bt drivers.  I did catch
>the thing to a bit of thrashing this morning after deleting ~200mb of
>files.  If anyone is working on these drivers, I would be willing to
>test newer versions.

I'm working on an updated version of the bt742a driver (which is what
you would use for this card).  Hopefully I'll have something
testworthy by this weekend.  In the mean time, if you want to increase
reliability, you might try changing BT_MBX_SIZE to 2 or 4 and BT_NSEG
to 32 in your current bt742a.c driver, and recompiling your kernel
(shouldn't need to reconfig or make depend as long as your previous
kernel build is still intact).  This will decrease the amount of
kernel memory allocated to the internal transfer structures and
decrease the chance of mangling page boundaries.

>Randy Terbush
>UUCP: dsndata!randy
>INET: randyt@cse.unl.edu

				--Michael

    Michael L. VanLoon  --  michaelv@iastate.edu  --  gg.mlv@isumvs.bitnet
 Iowa State University of Science and Technology -- The way cool place to be!
   Project Vincent Systems Staff, Iowa State University Computation Center