Subject: Re: timeout in wdintr
To: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
From: Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/1994 23:42:34
On Wed, 2 Feb 1994, Michael Graff wrote:

> >  I have just solved the problem mentioned by my previous post.  The timeout
> >problem might be caused by the slow response of Quantum LPS240AT, so I
> >just increase the WDCNDELAY in wd.c from 400000 to 800000 and the timeout
> >is gone.  Everything goes fine so far.
>
> dd an old Segate ST-157A to the list...  With 800000, I can *warm* boot and
> have it work, with 400000 no go.  I can't power off (cold) boot though for
> some reason.  Seems something is still mucked up in the driver.  :(

Ugh...I have a disk just like yours...Perhaps I can make the timeout yet
longer?  :-)

Later...

> --Michael
>
> --
> Michael Graff                 <explorer@vorpal.com>
> 1304 Florida #3               (515) 296-2735
> Ames, IA  50014           PGP key on a server near YOU!

Jason R. Thorpe                thorpej@cs.orst.edu                   737-9533
OSU CS Support                    CSWest Room 12                     737-2552
      'These are my opinions and not necessarily those of anyone else.'