Subject: Re: does anyone have the 3c509 (if_ep) working?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@deshaw.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/01/1994 07:20:13
: I have a 3c509, I can ifconfig, receive packets, nfs seems to work,
: I can ping out from my NetBSD to a sun, but nothing works from the
: sun to NetBSD; ping does not get any replies. Typing arp -a on the
: sun always says ... (incomplete).

What level of -current are you running? What connector are you using
on the back of the card? Have you grabbed the latest if_ep.c? like from
sometime last week when some bugs were fixed?  What manner of Sun are
we talking about?

fwiw: It works fine for me between my 3/60 (SunOS 4.1.1) and my '386.
Haven't had any problems at work with if_ep.c either and lots of people
talk to it to read news...

hpeyerl@novatel.ca                           |  NovAtel Commnications Ltd.
hpeyerl@fsa.ca                               | <nothing I say matters anyway>
       <NetBSD: A drinking group with a serious computing problem!>