Subject: Re: tar_files from 24th Jan
To: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@uts.amdahl.com>
From: Adam Glass <glass@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/1994 01:47:22
> 6. Can't get Novell NE2000-clone card recognised by probe on boot, but
> I haven't tried to do anything about this. Again, probably my fault.
> [Come on, Crooks, get the finger out and look at it.]

I have had trouble in the past getting an ne2k clone to probe.  Heck,
even NT wouldn't recognize it.  It would be cool if someone who
actually understood this piece of hardware, would find out what the
common denominator is....

> 1. I've got postgres 4.1 compiled on Jan 15th -current. I've got problems
> when I try to initialise the database. Anyone want to help me look into
> this?

Contact me directly.  I used to work for postgres, and may be able to
help you.

> 4. Are these snapshot reports useful to anyone?
>
> Alistair

I think they are useful as they present a one message summary of one
person's successes/failures with a particular snapshot.  A good
reference for people who haven't tried upgrading to current as of that
day.

It is also nice to see feedback saying things work, and are happy,
etc, in addition to reports of problems...

later,
Adam Glass