Subject: BusLogic 445S on NetBSD-current
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Randy Terbush <sierra!randy>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/1994 16:02:00
I attempted to upgrade my system to a BusLogic 445S VLB SCSI
controller this past weekend, and ran into some snags.

Prior research told me that this controller does work, and that I need
to us the bt0 device to get this working.    The controller is found,
and appears to be probing the first SCSI device without problem.
After returning info about the first drive, I get a 'cmd fail'
attempting to do a mode_sense 4.

Should this controller work?

One interesting note, I attempted to boot and install from the FreeBSD
install diskettes.  The boot was intermitently successful, and at some
point during the install I would see the "Strayintr 7" message, and my
SCSI controller would go out to lunch.  "bt0 timeout" messages were plentiful.

--
Randy Terbush
INET: randyt@cse.unl.edu

---- "It's all the same f*cking day, man!" ---- Janis Joplin ----