Subject: NetBSD-current, gdb and core files
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/1994 23:49:43
Do core files work for anyone?

I'm still running Nov20 NetBSD here and the main reason I want to
update is that when gdb looks at a core file, I invariably get:

Reading symbol data from /usr/src/usr.bin/tput/obj/tput...done.
(gdb) core /users/sjg/scripts/new/core.tput
Reading in symbols for /usr/src/lib/libc/stdlib/strtol.c...done.
(gdb) where
#0  strtol (Cannot read memory: address 0xfdbfd178 out of bounds.
(gdb) bt
#0  strtol (Cannot read memory: address 0xfdbfd178 out of bounds.
(gdb) q

That's after compiling with -g -static too.

The core dump from tput is because I'm adding the ability to do

tput cm row col
and even
tput cup row col

I'll send diffs in a minute (hope no one else has done this :-)

--sjg