Subject: location for current binaries
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/12/1994 00:01:29
OK, this is *very* unofficial and subject to disappear at any
moment...

I have installed a script to backup my NetBSD-current binaries and
libraries every morning at 5am CST onto ftp.iastate.edu.  For those of
you who are thinking of upgrading to current, but cringe at the
thought of the bootstrap process, here are all the current binaries
all ready to run.  Or, for those who blow up a library or something.
Here they are.

These are a straight nightly tar dump off my own machine, so they are
built in the standard way and come with no guarantees whatsoever.
This means that all binaries that are normally compiled shared will be
shared here also -- so don't expect to find a statically linked ftp
here or anything like that.

Please don't abuse this service.  If I have any problems with it, or
even if the space is needed for something else, this could go away
without notice.  In the mean time, feel free to use it if and when you
get stuck or need help bringing NetBSD 0.8/0.9 up to current.  I'll
try to keep the binaries less than a week old, but like I said, they
come off my own machine, and are subject to the load on my machine at
compile time.

The directories I am mirroring are /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin
/usr/libexec and /usr/lib.  I've also placed a current kernel on
there, but it's nothing fancy, so don't expect it to work with every
machine (it's built for a WD80x3xx on ed0 with irq9(2), addr 280-28f,
and buffer at d000, with boot on wd0 and swap on wd0 and wd1).  I will
not build custom kernels/binaries for anyone except under very
exceptional circumstances.

Here's where to find the stuff:
        ftp.iastate.edu:/pub/netbsd/NetBSD-current/binaries/

Knock yourselves out...

				--Michael

    Michael L. VanLoon  --  michaelv@iastate.edu  --  gg.mlv@isumvs.bitnet
 Iowa State University of Science and Technology -- The way cool place to be!
   Project Vincent Systems Staff, Iowa State University Computation Center