Subject: procfs ?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 01/09/1994 01:50:36
It seems that the old procfs implementation has been (is being?) replaced
by another one. I discovered, that when using 'options PROCFS', genassym
would complain about missing files during 'make depend'. So I figured
that the new procfs was not complete yet. However, I noticed that the files
were there in /sys/miscfs/procfs on sun-lamp, so I ftp-ed them (the CVS
outputs did never show them, yes, I am one of the unfortunate people
who have to use those, and sometimes pick up the missing pieces by
looking at the scan.current file).

Anyway, after installing those files, procfs still won't compile,
the function/macro FIX_SSTEP is never found, and so are a few
other functions (process_xxx).

Is my tree incomplete, or is the changeover to different procfs code
simply not complete yet?

Thnx,
Frank