Subject: Re: man ignores section if MANPATH set
To: None <apana-lists-os-netbsd-general@apana.org.au>
From: G C Wing <mason@werple.apana.org.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/1994 02:38:40
sjg@zen.void.oz.au (Simon J. Gerraty) writes:
:I finally got around to watching what man(1) does when I say:
:	man 5 crontab
:that causes it to show crontab.1...

:A major re-arrangement seems necessary (perhaps just dump man(1) in
:favour of Tom Christiansen's man.pl ?)

Due to lots of these problems with man, I've written a replacement which
is currently used here on werple.  Hopefully, my version, which is now
backwards compatible (if desired), will be ready for release in a week
or so. (It's stable and complete but not in NetBSD programming style, and
due to my system being dead for a short while, it'll be a week or so
before I get back to it). (Also have apropos/whatis/makewhatis replacements)
--
Mason [G.C.W]  mason@werple.apana.org.au     Hurt...Agony...Pain...LOVE-IT