Subject: my couple of problems
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 12/28/1993 20:38:34
 Here's my reaction to a couple of problems people reported on this list:
1. I too had problems with join(1), but after recompiling join, nm
   and tsort as deraadt@fsa.ca suggested, no problemo anymore.
2. micheal@iastate.edu has reboots with the Dec 24 kernel.
   Yep, had that too.Fixed it by compiling wd.c without optimizations.
   For more details, see below.
3. ps(1) and top problems: I'm seeing those too.

Okay, on to my current problems:
1. when compiling gnu/usr.bin/gcc2/libgcc2.c, cc complains
   about a syntax error in line 1106. It appears that gstddef.h
   doesn't typedef size_t anymore. I temprorarily 'fixed' this
   by include stddef.h instead of gstddef.h.
2. /sys/arch/i386/isa/wd.c uses insw() from <machine/pio.h>. The
   call for insw is something like insw(port, buf, n). Using -O
   or -O2 when you compile this file the address of buf is calculated
   wrongly I think. That's why the IDE drivename (ST3550 in my case)
   gets completely mangled and you'll see negative numbers for heads
   and cylinders on your screen. 'Fix': see above.

Onno van der Linden    c/o    vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl (Frank van der Linden)