Subject: Re: pms driver broken; why?
To: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
From: Peter Galbavy <P.Galbavy@wonderland.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/24/1993 18:23:36
> I have to set NetBSD up on a Gateway handbook.  The handbook has a mouse
> compatible with the Microsoft bus mouse connected through the PS/2 port
> as far as I can tell.  The problem is, that pms driver is listed as
> "broken", and it indeed hangs on bootup.

I wanted to ask this questin also, but was too afraid (crying wolf and all
that). The pms driver that's there now was a complete rewrite I believe, but
all it does is hand during boot on both a Dell 450/L and an IBM ThinkPad
350/C :-(

Esp. on portables, which normally only have one serial port, it is *very*
nice to be able to use a PS/2 mouse, 'cause then you can also have a PPP
connection to the rest of the world, and run Mosaic :-) Even cute-er on
a ThinkPad 'cause they have the TrackPoint II in the keyboard.

Merry etc all,
--
Peter Galbavy				e-mail: P.Galbavy@wonderland.org
Wonderland				  work: P.Galbavy@micromuse.co.uk

	  "And you will know exactly who you are, forever,
		by knowing what it is that you love."