Subject: Re: SUP Updates - Sanity check
To: Theo Deraadt <deraadt@fsa.ca>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/1993 21:58:54
About running a SUP alternative on sun-lamp:

>Lamp, a 486/50 EISA machine with 3 disks servicing swap, and 32M
>or 16M of ram, took 1 hour 10 minutes to compile a kernel last
>night.
>
>Now you tell me if you consider this reasonable while there's
>4-6 people on it trying to do work.

Well, I would be happy to volunteer a machine I have sitting around
ISU for such a beast, but I'd best have some reliable way to stay an
exact mirror of the -current sources.  I can sup there, but sup proves to
be unreliable from time to time when the same space is used for a secondary
sup and as a compliation area.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff                 <explorer@vorpal.com>
1304 Florida #3               (515) 296-2735