Subject: Re: SUP Updates - Sanity check
To: None <davidb@melb.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/1993 14:40:05
>I set up a simple system like this for a different application a while ago.
>If you can generate a file list for each end (the master and your slave)
>where each line is of the form:
>
>	path-name	ID
>		(where ID is a timestamp or other such id)

I just so happen to have such a beast I wrote a while back as well.  ;)
I use MD5 sigs, timestamps, permission, owner, group, etc. to be certain
all changes make it across the void to my home computer.

I'll have to look into making this into a servicable beast.  If I can,
think the file list could be sent out via mail from sun-lamp, and then
each slave box can just request the files it needs, or shall I give my
little i386/25 something to do with all those cycles it's wasting?

--Michael

--
Michael Graff                 <explorer@vorpal.com>
1304 Florida #3               (515) 296-2735