Subject: Re: kernel make complains about if_ethersubr.c
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Thomas M. Crockett <tmc@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/1993 11:37:17
: I received the following when trying to make a new kernel today (12/16).
: Did I miss something via CVS report?
: ../../../../net/if_ethersubr.c: In function `ether_addmulti':
: ../../../../net/if_ethersubr.c:500: structure has no member named `ac_multiaddrs'
 Continuation Deleted

HP>nope.  The problem is as a result of <netinet/if_ether.h> which was
HP>part of the multicast patches.  The suspect lines of code are:
HP>#if defined(ISO) && !defined(MULTICAST)
HP>#define MULTICAST 1
HP>#endif
HP>So; the temporary fix is to either comment out "OSI" in your config file
HP>or add "options MULTICAST, MROUTING".
HP>I'm waiting for Theo to decide on the appropriate *real* fix. (Since I'm
HP>not in a state of mind which is conducive to thinking for myself at the
HP>moment.:->)

MW>To fix this, either add "options MULTICAST" or remove "options ISO".
MW>It is a glitch I found and have reported.
MW>	Mark

Thanks! I was in the process of going back thru my CVS output mail to
see what I had missed.  I like this better.

	Tom