Subject: Problems with Dec-14, and patch status
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
From: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/14/1993 12:34:59
michaelv@iastate.edu (Michael L. VanLoon) writes:
> I've had a couple different things (libutil, gdb) die on undeclared
> identifiers: PD_SHIFT and PG_SHIFT.  These are the sources I supped
> this morning.  (Yes, I did a "make;make install" in /usr/src/include
> first.)

I noticed these as well.  Just remove the underscores from them.

The only reason I was able to fix this, btw, is because I am now
generating patchfiles for every day, which allowed me to search through
the patches for P[DG]_SHIFT, and see what changed.

In a couple of days, I will take in some testers to see if the patches
can be used reliably, and then they'll be available to everyone.

	Mark
Email: Mark_Weaver@brown.edu           | Brown University
PGP Key: finger mhw@cs.brown.edu       | Dept of Computer Science