Subject: Re: Shared X and an error...
To: Frank van der Linden <vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl>
From: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/14/1993 06:49:04
vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl (Frank van der Linden) writes:
> >Is this a problem in general with shared X libraries or is it a current
> >problem with the NetBSD shared libraries?
>
> [description of -DEXPERIMENTAL deleted]
>
> So it could be that either you, or the one who had made the shared libraries
> had an older ld version.

I am pretty sure he is using the binary sets that I made.  I used a
Nov-15 system with -DEXPERIMENTAL to build everything.  Since then I
have rebuilt X, so it is possible that some incompatibilities have
developed since then.

I will probably wait until the upcoming big incompatibility before
re-uploading everything, assuming it won't be too much longer.

	Mark
Email: Mark_Weaver@brown.edu           | Brown University
PGP Key: finger mhw@cs.brown.edu       | Dept of Computer Science