Subject: Re: Shared X info (from last week?)
To: None <gillham@andrews.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/13/1993 01:07:31
>I seemed to have missed the information on the patches, etc
>for XFree86-2.0 to use shared libs on -current.
>Could somebody point me to them?  I sort of hacked up my own
>config files from the SunOS ones and have it partially working,
>but it sounds like somebody else got it *completely* working.. :-)

>Thanks!

>-Andrew

The entire shared-lib distribution is on ftp.iastate.edu in
/pub/netbsd/XFree86-2.0/.  Be aware that you must install the static
verion first, then extract the shared one on top of it.  The shared
files are just things that are different between the two -- they're
not a complete distribution without the static files.

				--Michael

    Michael L. VanLoon  --  michaelv@iastate.edu  --  gg.mlv@isumvs.bitnet
 Iowa State University of Science and Technology -- The way cool place to be!
   Project Vincent Systems Staff, Iowa State University Computation Center