Subject: Re: I am bailing out ...
To: Amancio Hasty Jr <hasty@netcom.com>
From: Brad Parker <brad@fcr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1993 22:57:24
In message <199312120230.SAA07986@mail.netcom.com>, Amancio Hasty Jr writes:

>I am going to be doing my own hacking over here. The current setup
>is a bit difficult for me to work with. It would be nice for others
>if in the future someone took a stable snap shot of the tree on
>a periodic basis -- like a every month or so. It can come in

It's too bad you've had problems.  I've been "sup-ing" on the end of a
dial-on-demand 14.4k link for months now and my general impression is
the current has been *real* stable. much more so than I expected.

I regularly do complete rebuilds of my kernel and all the executables.
I think there are some "tricks" to be learned to make this smoother
(and naturally, they're not documented anywhere ;-) but it's worth the
learning curve.

perhaps I'm just easy to please (or just lucky) ;-)

-brad