Subject: Re: Emacs and sys_errlist woes
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@nobozo.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@ksr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1993 09:16:03
I take it that gcc is refusing to compile these programs because of
const char * versus char * type clashes (I'm two weeks behind again, so
I can't just peek at the source :-).  Is it possible to have gcc regard
this particular error to be a warning rather than a fatal error, to smooth
over this transition (after all (putting on the Language Lawyer hat),
"undefined behavior" includes anything up to and including doing the right
thing, all that's required is a ``diagnostic'')?  (Of course, *I'm* not
going to volunteer to crawl around in gcc's guts, nosir!  :-)