Subject: Re: netbsd-current and XF86 problems
To: Alex R.N. Wetmore <aw2t+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1993 23:48:33
>Would anyone be interested in ftping me a copy of their kernel and
>letting me try that.  The important stuff in my machine: 2 floppies, 2
>ide drives (swap on both), 3c503 ethernet card (irq9, port 250, mem
>@d8000).  Don't even worry about the 3c503 if you want.  I'm just
>interested in knowing what I am screwing up (I am assuming that this is
>my error at this point, since it doesn't seem to care about hardware
>(tried it on two different machines) or machine setup (since one is 0.9
>and the other is current as of dec 4), and I am the only one having
>these problems).

>alex

I've placed my kernel on ftp.iastate.edu in /pub/netbsd/misc/.  It has
all the basic support, including dual WD (IDE) drives, with swap on
both.  It's configured for ed0 on 0x280 and IRQ 9.  Oh hell, here's
its config file:

# original config file:
# GENERICAHBBT -- Generic machine w/ahb and bt drivers -- distribution floppy
#
# STINGRAY -- Config for Michael VanLoon's i386 box stingray.cc.iastate.edu

machine		"i386"
cpu		"I386_CPU"
cpu		"I486_CPU"
ident		STINGRAY
timezone	6 dst
maxusers	32
maxfdescs	256
options		INET,NFSCLIENT,NFSSERVER,GATEWAY
options		"COMPAT_43"
options		"TCP_COMPAT_42"
options		XSERVER,UCONSOLE
options		MSDOSFS,ISOFS
options		KERNFS
options		SCSI
options		"MATH_EMULATE"
options		"COMPAT_NOMID"
options		KTRACE,FIFO,QUOTA,FDESC
options		SWAPPAGER,VNODEPAGER,DEVPAGER

config		netbsd	root on wd0 swap on wd0 and wd1

controller	isa0

controller	wdc0	at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
disk		wd0	at wdc0 drive 0
disk		wd1	at wdc0 drive 1

controller	wdc1	at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 vector wdintr
disk		wd2	at wdc1 drive 0
disk		wd3	at wdc1 drive 1

controller	fdc0	at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
disk		fd0	at fdc0 drive 0
disk		fd1	at fdc0 drive 1

device		pc0	at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector pcrint
device		npx0	at isa? port "IO_NPX" irq 13 vector npxintr
device		com0	at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector comintr
device		com1	at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector comintr
#device		com2	at isa? port "IO_COM3" tty irq 5 vector comintr
#device		com3	at isa? port "IO_COM4" tty irq 9 vector comintr
# Logitech bus mouse:
device          lms0    at isa? port "IO_BMS1" tty irq 5 vector lmsintr

#device		lpt0	at isa? port "IO_LPT3" tty irq 7 vector lptintr
#device		lpa0	at isa? port "IO_LPT1" tty
#device		lpa1	at isa? port "IO_LPT2" tty

device ed0 at isa? port 0x280 net irq 9 iomem 0xd0000 vector edintr
#device we0 at isa? port 0x280 net irq 9 iomem 0xd0000 iosiz 8192 vector weintr
#device ec0 at isa? port 0x250 net irq 9 iomem 0xd8000 iosiz 8192 vector ecintr
#device ne0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 9 vector neintr
#device is0 at isa? port 0x320 net irq 10 drq 7 vector isintr

#device		wt0	at isa? port 0x300 bio irq 5 drq 1 vector wtintr

pseudo-device	ether
pseudo-device	log
pseudo-device	loop
pseudo-device	pty	64
pseudo-device	sl	1
pseudo-device	speaker

This has been a very stable kernel for me.  It's only about two days
old with respect to the current sources.  It also includes those "ugly
hack" wd.c patches that keep my hard drives from locking up (couldn't
live without it).  Good luck...

				--Michael

    Michael L. VanLoon  --  michaelv@iastate.edu  --  gg.mlv@isumvs.bitnet
 Iowa State University of Science and Technology -- The way cool place to be!
   Project Vincent Systems Staff, Iowa State University Computation Center