Subject: Re: bad performance?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Szabolcs Szigeti (PinkPanther) <pink@bagira.fsz.bme.hu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/08/1993 10:25:45

> the FP Emulator we have is *really* slow and ugly...

Recently i did a port of the linux emulator, but it is copyrigted to be
used only in 386bsd, i was told that a letter has been sent to the
author asking to change it, i don't know what has happened since.
Please don't ask for it, i'm not going to give it to anyone until
this (c) thing has been solved. It has been however sent to the NetBSD &
FreeBSD team. I am using it and with a math lib using fpu instructions
i have measured up to 15 times speed increase.

szabolcs