Subject: Re: BEWARE NEW KERNELS!!!
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/1993 10:19:47
: we've just added multicast support to the kernel.  use
: "options MULTICAST" to enable it.

Don't believe Chris. He's lying.  :-)

I haven't added all of the Multicast stuff yet.  When I'm finished; I
will post a message telling everyone how to enable it.

: a bit is probably no longer than 2 weeks...  not defining it shouldn't
: cause *serious* problems if you've got old binaries, but i won't
: stake my life on it...

I think people will find that certain things (rlogin, telnet, ftp) will
complain about "IP_TOS" being an invalid argument to setsockopt; and
then continue to work as normal... routed however *really* seems to screw
up the routes...

hpeyerl@novatel.ca                           |  NovAtel Commnications Ltd.
hpeyerl@fsa.ca                               | <nothing I say matters anyway>
       <NetBSD: A drinking group with a serious computing problem!>