Subject: Re: New sites for XFree86-2.0 shlib binaries
To: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 12/01/1993 21:35:41
   When's the last time you supped/compiled?  They were compiled using
   the stock Nov-16 system (except for -DEXPERIMENTAL) fully compiled
   after a "make clean", and stock XFree86-2.0 with John Brezak's
   patches.

I sup'ed and compiled from scratch over the weekend of the 19th; I've
sup'ed since then, but haven't done a full rebuild just yet (I'm
currently waiting for Paul to make the incompatible shared lib
change..).

ld was built -DEXPERIMENTAL.

Did anyone else notice the appearance of two instances of some of the
X libraries in the output of "ldd xterm"?  Is that "normal" or not?

If you can arrange for your libc.so and libtermcap.so (and
ld.so.. might as well be complete about it..) to be available by anon
FTP, I'd appreciate it.  (I'm sitting here at the far end of a 14.4kb
link, with mail over UUCP which doesn't like things bigger than 100K
at a time).

					- Bill