Subject: Re: SysV IPC works... but how to I get a crash dump?
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@ksr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/01/1993 09:31:35
> I've never been able to boot any kernel I compile that contains DDB
> [it gets to the point of saying...
>
> text 0x75000 ...  entry point 0x100020
>
> and then the system reboots.  So my options are limited.

That sounds like the kernel is way too big with DDB installed.  Compile and
install the latest boot blocks, then change your kernel config file to
specify a start address (I think all the other standard config files specify
start addresses now, so you can use them as examples).  Sorry I can't be more
specific, but my NetBSD system is at home.